5 Best health apps you can try for freeAbhishek Sharma
To put it literally, the cause and cure of health problems is in your own hands. You can either sit all day browsing facebook and playing games etc. on your phone to gain unhealthy weight and invite health problems. Or you can use the phone to look for the best health apps that can help you lead a fit and disease free life. The choice you make between these two options will decide if you should read this any further. Hoping you will make the smarter choice, here’s a lowdown on the best health apps chosen from hundreds of thousands that are available for Android and iOS users. These apps are at the forefront of digital health care and have been downloaded by millions of people to make smarter health choices and adopt healthier lifestyle habits. Some apps are changing the way we look at healthcare delivery and medical profession by putting the ‘patient first’. While others are resourceful tools to stay in shape and avoid becoming a patient in the first place.
Which are the best health apps available for your smartphone?
- Practo is like Google for finding the right doctor in your city. A ‘healthy search engine’ which has more than 120,000 verified doctors from more than 22 cities, practo is revolutionising patient care and healthcare services. It has useful filtering options to help you find a doctor based on his speciality, experience, appointment slots available and even find free consultations. Once you’ve selected a doctor it’s easy to schedule appointments with doctors and keep digital health records of your visits. One of the best features of practo app is its built in navigation system integrated with google maps that lets you pinpoint the exact location of a doctor or clinic. All these features combined make it a stand out in this list of the best health apps in the market.
- Lose it! makes it easy for you to customise your own weight loss plan depending upon your body type and your health goals. Like any other diet app or tool, it provides basic food and exercise tracking to see how many calories you eat and how many you burn. But unlike other apps what makes Lose it one of the best health apps today is the fact that it also gives you a barcode scanner to watch out what you are eating and choose the most nutritious and healthy products from the market.
- Total fitness is one of the best health apps for building muscles and gaining mass. It calls itself “Your pocket’s personal trainer” and has a detailed list of exercises for each body part like shoulders, chest, biceps, triceps, legs. Building muscle is easiest when you focus on a specific part of your body on alternate days so it also mentions the number of sets or reps you should do for each exercise and the days you should take rest. The guided workouts and utilities make it the perfect app for your gym sessions.
- Google fit has a minimalistic user interface that is aesthetically pleasing and easy to understand. It deserves to be in this list of the best health apps because despite its simplicity, Google fit has all the necessary features with good accuracy of readings. Easily configurable, you can integrate it with other health apps and wearable devices to compare the data for different days, week and months. You can get real-time statistics as you walk, jog, run or cycle your way to a healthier life. It also gives you personalized coaching to meet the fitness goals you have set for yourself.
- HIIT- Interval training timer is an excellent app developed after scientific research into the best exercises for losing weight. According to studies,10 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is more effective than half an hour of traditional exercises to burn belly fat. In the app you can start a timed training session with voice feedback and audio alerts set for 30 seconds, 1 minute and so on depending upon the level you have selected. Caynax HIIT is definitely worth a try if you haven’t found any results with traditional exercises for losing weight, because it is one of the best health app out there which personally helped me develop abs. But a word of caution- This is an intense form of exercise and should be tried only if your fitness level is up to it.
Resources for stay fit and healthy are readily available at the touch of an icon on your smartphone today. All you need is the willpower to utilize technology in a productive way rather than become slaves to it. These best health apps mentioned above can make a world of difference to your fitness if you are willing to try them out.