It’s been 8 months since I first got introduced to Ayurvedic superfoods for boosting energy and stamina. I was underweight and skinny back then but I must confess that my life has been completely transformed now. Relying on coffee and other stimulants till then, I was barely able to get through the day without feeling completely exhausted by dinner time. I had heard of some Ayurvedic superfoods for boosting energy and stamina but I wasn’t aware which ones would improve my metabolism and give me vitality till late at night. It was also essential for me to find those herbs only which would help me to gain ‘healthy’ weight and not fat. After consultation with a qualified dietician I turned to nutritional power sources that helped to fuel my internal fire or ‘agni’ to give me boundless energy. Today I am going to share with you my experience of exploring natural food sources of power for the body and mind. These natural powerhouse herbs not only improved my focus and energy, they also were immensely helpful for promoting my sexual health and boosting the immune system.
Best Ayurvedic superfoods for boosting energy
There are hundreds of superfoods commonly known to us that are beneficial for overall health, but I stumbled upon certain special superfoods that are affect specific and give you an instant energy boost. These exceptional Ayurvedic herbs are so potent that they are needed only in small quantities to improve stamina and vigour. They produce strength and endurance in the body so that the body remains full of energy at all times of the day. If you have been trying to gain weight but lack the drive to pump iron in the gym then these Ayurvedic superfoods for boosting energy will be very beneficial for gaining healthy weight and mass in a short time.
- Ashwagandha is a premier restorative herb known for its multifold benefits for the body. Being an adaptogen, it has been prescribed in ancient Ayurvedic scriptures to fight fatigue and help the body cope with daily stress and resultant weakness. It is also known as ‘Indian ginseng’ because it exhibits similar qualities of boosting libido, improving thinking ability and slowing the ageing process. A good Ayurvedic medicine will have at least 20% Ashwagandha in the powder mix and I found that the ones with 25% or more are most beneficial.
- Nagkesar has been known to improve appetite in people who are thin and don’t feel hungry due to a restrained digestive system. Also used as an aphrodisiac, it helps to improve sexual drive and performance in men due to its diuretic properties. Other benefits of Nagkesar include anti-inflammatory qualities (reduction of swelling), reducing blood pressure and boosting immunity. All of these benefits combined together make Nagkesar one of the best Ayurvedic superfoods for boosting energy and gaining weight in a healthy and natural way..
- Arjuna has a stimulating effect on the heart and is renowned for improving cardiovascular health. This ayurvedic herb is high in Co enzyme Q10 which strengthens the heart muscles thereby allowing a person to perform physically demanding activities for hours. It reduces blood pressure and pulse rate and is known to increase the capacity for aerobic exercises while removing bad cholesterol from the arteries. When you are able to push your body due to enhanced capacity, you will burn any fat that you may have, create new muscles and thus gain healthy weight.
- Rakt Chandan or red sandal wood is such a revered Ayurvedic element that even wearing a necklace (mala) made of rakt chandan beads is known to give positive energy. Just imagine the amazing benefits it can have after consumption. People usually associate it with skin care and confuse it with normal sandalwood which has slightly different qualities. What makes Rakt Chandan different and one of the most effective Ayurvedic superfoods for boosting energy is its ability to purify the blood. If you feel lethargic or heavy after a heavy meal then consuming a churna (herbal powder) of red sandalwood will remove any digestive tract problems at the root to give you long lasting relief and enhanced endurance.
- Saunt or dried ginger powder is not just a flavoring agent in foods, it is one of the premier superfoods for boosting energy. It provides relief from any issues of the gastrointestinal tract and prevents incidence of nausea, fatigue, cold sweats and weakness in the body. It also has anti-inflammatory properties because it contains ‘gingerol’, which is scientifically accepted to reduce pain from arthritis, thus making you more active by managing joint pain issues. Saunt laddoos are very popular in some parts of the country because people are aware that it is one of the most beneficial superfoods for energy and healthy weight gain.
Avoid foods that drain energy
Hard to digest foods laced with preservatives and chemicals take a toll on the energy levels. These contain little nutritional value and should be avoided –
- All kinds of fast food because they are fatty and prone to being stale and unhygienic.
- Packaged or canned food because they contain additives and preservatives to increase their shelf life.
- Oily and heavy foods because they make you feel sluggish and tired after eating and cause a burden on the digestive system.
It’s a predicament that the foods we should avoid are the ones we most often eat on a daily basis. Whereas the superfoods mentioned above can be hard to find in the market. So It’s a good thing that Ayurvedic superfoods for boosting energy and strengthening the body are easily available in powdered form today for our convenience. Such Ayurvedic preparations are known to increase vitality and stamina for many hours after consumption and are especially useful if you feel exhausted between your sets while working out at the gym. I prefer to put it in a milkshake to make a tasty and healthy drink that keeps my energy levels up so that I don’t feel tired till late at night. It is a much better option than drinking coffee or other stimulants which only boost energy for a short time but burden the metabolism for a long time. These Ayurvedic formulations are prepared after meticulous research and cultivation by trained Ayurvedic practitioners so I trust them because they have shown results. You can also start using these superfoods for boosting energy so that you remain at your best at all times and don’t feel tired when performance is expected. If I can do it, I am sure that you can also use Ayurvedic superfoods to regain your optimum health and achieve wellness.